Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Did You Know That Belle River Elementary is a  Title I  School
 
What is Title I?

Title I of the Elementary & Secondary Education Act provides financial assistance to state & local educational agencies to meet the needs of at-risk children. Title I  provides instructional services & financial support  for students not meeting grade level standards.
 
  
What is the purpose of Title I?
The purpose of Title I is to improve educational opportunities for the students not performing at grade level by providing additional instruction/ support to help them achieve academically.
 

 
How does Tile I work at our school?
First, we identify students who need the most educational assistance based on our district’s standards. Students do NOT have to be from low income families to receive Title I services.  We set goals for improving the skills of students who are having difficulty with grade level standards.  We measure student progress to determine the success of the Title I program for each student.  We develop programs to support/supplement regular classroom instruction.


No comments:

Post a Comment